HNO3 is colorless mineral acid reacts with crystalline inorganic compound Ba(OH)2. Let us study, how reaction takes place
Bạn đang xem: ba(oh)2+hno3
HNO3 reacts with Ba(OH)2 to lớn give corresponding salt and by product. HNO3 is strong acid with pka of less kêu ca 1, used for production of ammonia and also constitute major components of fertilizer reacts with inorganic compound Ba(OH)2 because it is alkaline earth metal hydroxides.
Via this article, we are going to lớn discover how both inorganic compounds react together, their products, reaction type, and its balanced sườn.
What is the Product of HNO3 + Ba(OH)2
HNO3 reacts Ba(OH)2 to lớn give Barium Nitrate Ba (NO3)2 and Water H2O.
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 → Ba(NO3)2 + H2O
What type of reaction is HNO3 + Ba(OH)2
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 is neutralization reaction. Mixing of strong base Ba(OH)2 with strong acid HNO3 to give salt and water takes place.
How to lớn balance HNO3 + Ba(OH)2
We have to lớn balance given reaction.
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2→ Ba(NO3)2 + H2O
- Balanced reaction shows equal number of elements on both reactant and product side. Here we have to lớn allocate number coefficients to lớn make reaction balanced.
- We have to lớn assign each compound with respective alphabetical coefficients lượt thích A, B, C, D.
- A HNO3 + B Ba(OH)2 → C Ba(NO3)2 + D H2O
- Enter the coefficient values into the elimination method for estimation.
- Get the smallest, whole integer values from the result by simplifying it.
- A = 2, B= 1, C=1, D=2
- The balanced equation is
- 2 HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 → Ba(NO3)2+ 2 H2O.
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 titration
- HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 undergo acid base titration. Strong acid HNO3 combines with strong base Ba(OH)2 to lớn give neutralization reaction by undergoing titration of standard solution to lớn give equivalence point.
- Titration will take place as
Titration stand, pipette, burette, volumetric flask, conical flask, stirrer, funnel.
Unknown concentration of HNO3, known concentration of Ba(OH)2.
Phenolphthalein indicator is commonly used indicators for such titration.
- In the first place, fill the burette all the way to lớn the tip before rinsing it with a known barium hydroxide solution.
- In this titration nitric acid is analyte and titrant are barium hydroxide, because nitric acid is in unknown amount, whose concentration we need to lớn find by the help of barium hydroxide.
- Then suck precise amount of nitric acid solution in conical flask.
- Add 2-3 drops of phenolphthalein indicator in conical flask containing unknown concentration of nitric acid.
- Then add drop by drop of known concentration of barium hydroxide solution into conical flak by means of burette, till its color changes from colorless to lớn pink.
- Note the reading n repeat it for 3 times.
- For finding normality of analyte, the formulae are given as:
- N1V1 = N2V2
- From normality value, we can find mass of nitric acid.
- Mass = Eq. Wt. × normality × volume / 1000
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 net ionic equation
Net ionic equation, for HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 is
OH– ( Aq ) + H+( Aq ) → H2O ( l )
Xem thêm: sth trong tiếng anh là gì
- Every compound’s phase should be taken into tài khoản while balancing a molecular equation.
- 2 HNO3 (Aq) + Ba(OH)2 (Aq) → Ba(NO3)2 (Aq) + 2H2O (l)
- The aqueous salts or chemicals in the equation need to lớn be made into ions. Only the strong electrolytes should be broken down since they completely dissociate.
- Here, HNO3 is strong acid, Ba(OH)2 is strong base, and Ba(NO3)2 is strong salt. So, they undergo dissociation.
- 2 H+ + 2 NO3– + Ba+2 + 2 OH– → Ba+2 + 2NO3– + 2 H2O
- The spectator ions must be cancelled out in order to lớn show species, actually involved in reaction.
- The remaining substance is net ionic equation.
- OH– (Aq) + H+(Aq) → H2O (l)
HNO3 and Ba(OH)2 conjugate pairs
Conjugate pairs for HNO3 and Ba(OH)2 are as follows:
- HNO3, release H+ to lớn give NO3– as conjugate pairs.
- The conjugate acid of Ba(OH)2 is Ba+2.
- The conjugate base of Ba(OH)2 is OH–.
- The conjugate acid of H2O is H3O+.
- H2O undergo deprotonation to lớn give conjugate base OH–.
- Ba(NO3)2 do not constitute any conjugate pairs.
HNO3 and Ba(OH)2 intermolecular forces
Intermolecular forces present between HNO3 and Ba(OH)2 are,
- HNO3 show hydrogen bonding, London forces and dipole-dipole attraction, due to lớn separated hydrogen ions and nitrate ions, in aqueous solutions.
- Ba(OH)2 show strong ionic intermolecular forces of attraction.
- H2O show hydrogen bond, dipole-dipole forces and London dispersion forces because of electronegativity differences between O and H atoms.
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 reaction enthalpy
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 has the enthalpy of -948 KJ/Mol which is negative,
- The enthalpy of formation of HNO3 is -173.1 KJ/Mol.
- The enthalpy of formation of Ba(OH)2 is -643.9 KJ/Mol.
- The enthalpy of formation of Ba(NO3)2 is -78 KJ/Mol.
- The enthalpy of formation of H2O is – 285.8 KJ/Mol.
Is HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 a buffer solution
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 is not buffer solution. Buffer salts constitute of weak acid and its conjugate base but here both acid and base are strong in nature, so sánh it contradicts the criteria for being buffer solution.
Is HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 a complete reaction
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 is complete reaction because of strong acidic and basic nature of HNO3 and Ba(OH)2 solutions, to lớn make them completely dissociated. So, reactant get completely consumed during reaction with no traces remaining further.
Is HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 an exothermic or endothermic reaction
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 is endothermic reaction. On mixing of both reactant, temperature of mixture drops down to lớn 450°C. It is cold enough to lớn freeze up the reaction mixture beaker.
Is HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 a redox reaction
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 is not a redox reaction. On both reactant product side, there is same no. of oxidation states of corresponding elements.
Is HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 a precipitation reaction
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 is not precipitation reaction. Here, formation of salt of barium nitrate takes place, which is strongly soluble in water.
Is HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 is reversible or irreversible reaction
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 is irreversible reaction. Equilibrium constant of reaction is high which implicates reaction to lớn move in forward direction giving products, due to lớn high ionization power of strong acid and strong base present in our reactant side.
Is HNO3+ Ba(OH)2 displacement reaction
HNO3 + Ba(OH)2 gives double displacement reaction. Swapping of bonds takes place between HNO3 and Ba(OH)2 molecules, giving different intermixed products.
HNO3 reacts with Ba(OH)2 to lớn give corresponding salt and water with absorbing heat from surrounding. Barium nitrate is colorless water insoluble compound, widely used for military purposes for making TNT and binders.
Xem thêm: exhausted là gì